Sunday, August 21, 2011

Amy and Gracie's Epic Detour

Moving to Brooklyn and starting a new job within one weekend was pretty intense, but here I am two weeks later. I'm alive! I have a couch and a cubicle, a new city to explore and a whole bunch of acronyms to learn. (CRF, P&L/PPE, TMM, T&E, OOP, OTS...)

Before all that though was Amy and Gracie's Epic Detour. (A nod to Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, which I read right before I left and LOVED.) I took Roger's road trip advice and procured both snacks and tunes for my drive from Boston to Brooklyn. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Here's my route!

Here's my trusty steed...

(which was immaculately packed)

...And my copilot.

(Yes, that is iTunes up on Gracie's beautiful screen. My abbreviated playlist is to come.)

I had a couple of detours, more or less epic. I had enough money for the tolls, I relied on some very friendly people when I got lost, I never ran out of gas, and I surprised myself. It was actually a lot of fun, just me and some music out on the open road. Still, thank goodness I'm here. I'm ready to stick around for a while.

A hint of things to come: 
My coworkers are pretty great. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment