Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stick, Stack, Stuck

It seems counterintuitive, but I know I really like a book when it takes me a long time to write its review. The tyrannical portion of my brain, the part that loves to cross things off of to-do lists, insists that I update my blog in a timely fashion: “You finished the book, so it’s time to post. Find the theme! Analyze! Type! Repeat!” However, my creative mind could care less about a schedule. It forces me to sit with the story for a while, to bide my time until I find a point of access. As of this moment, I’m waiting for a few recent reads to unfold. I can’t wait for them to let me in, but I know I have to be patient.

Blog-wise, I’m struggling with depth and tone. (Am I funny? Lyrical? Indignant?) Bear with me and my growing pains. I’m still finding my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment