Sunday, February 27, 2011

Serendipity, Baked Goods-Style

Remember that time I wanted to see Beastly, the movie adapted from the book I just reviewed? Well, the universe sometimes listens to silly little wants, even if you can't count on it for the big things.

In advance of this evening's festivities, I walked into my favorite cupcake store to buy some Oscar-themed treats (ahem and ohmygosh) for my get-together. Thanks to my cupcake-acquiring accomplice's eagle eyes, I snagged a pair of free passes to an advance screening! A stack of them were just chilling on the counter, waiting to be given a good home.

Tomorrow night, I will be happily tucked into my theater bucket seat, watching two pretty actors fall in love...For free! All in all, not a bad way to spend a post-work Monday. (Will report back, of course, if anyone's interested.) Thanks, universe!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, those cupcakes indeed kick ass! ^_^ I really like their website. That alone makes their business seem awesome. Next time I'm in Massachusetts, I'll have to check that place out.

    Have a fun Oscar night! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! Like you, I'm thinking the movie will be better than the book...hopefully we will be proven correct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bettina, Oscar night was great! Love the dresses. I've still got some catching up to do with the films though.

    RtB, jury's still out. I'll have to go see it with the paying customers, but I don't mind too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt even read the book, but I think i want to now! I have a feeling the movie wont do so well but I love the modern concept

    xoxo
    Miss Neira

    ReplyDelete