Monday, March 7, 2011

Sweetest little bookworm / Hidden underneath

I feel like I’ve been keeping a secret. If you promise not to tell, I’ll whisper it: My name isn’t my own.

No, no…I’m still Amy. It’s my other name that I’m borrowing. “Simple Little Bookworm” is an homage, an allusion to the song “Librarian” by My Morning Jacket. I discovered it around the time the blog started buzzing in my brain, and those three little words caught my imagination. (Not to mention the slightly folksy tune, the shy adoration, the perfect setting, the contemplative phrasing, the evocative lyrics.) I was smitten. I couldn’t think of a better thing to call myself if I tried.

So, for your listening pleasure, I give you the song of myself (if you will). I’m finally letting my hair down. Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment